Firstly, I hope that you and your loved ones are safe and well.
I am continuing to offer Notarial services throughout the pandemic.
In order to keep us all safe;
- I carry out as much work as I can before our appointment to keep meeting times as brief as possible.
- I will insist that you email copies of all documents to be notarised to me together with scanned copies of your identity documents before scheduling an appointment.
- I ask you only attend your appointment if you are feeling well. If you are unwell, have been told to isolate or have been in contact with someone who has or is suspected of having Covid-19 then please call me to reschedule.
- Ideally, you will carry out a lateral flow Covid test within the 24 hours prior to the appointment and email the negative NHS test report receipt to me.
- You must wear a face covering correctly before entering my premises. If you are unable to do so please advise me beforehand so that I can arrange for us to meet outside.
- I will ask you to use hand sanitiser before entering my premises.
- Please bring your own pen.
- Payment will be by bank transfer or card payment only. No cash or cheques.
When you do attend your meeting I ask you to wear a face covering at all times and keep to a safe distance.
Finally, it is the opinion of the Council of the Notaries Society that Notaries deliver key legal services, essential to the running of the justice system and as such they can be designated as Critical Workers. The advice from The Notaries Society reads;
Notaries and Critical Worker status
It is the opinion of the Council of the Notaries Society that Notaries deliver key legal services, essential to the running of the justice system and as such they can be designated as Critical Workers. Notaries frequently attend on clients personally to deal with their legal affairs enabling clients who are consumers to honour legal obligations such as the preparation and execution of Wills, dealing with necessary arrangements following Death and the buying and selling of property. Notarial services are also essential for commercial clients in the conduct of their business affairs in Europe and globally.
Secretary of The Notaries Society
19th January 2021